Monday, March 20, 2006

unexpected

As I was leaving my house this morning, I thought to myself "I have a case of the Mondays." (Bonus points for getting the reference).

I was running late, didn't remember to pack a lunch, and as I walked out the front door with my bicycle I realized it was raining quite hard. I had a cold and wet and miserable ride in. I should have gone straight after my shower; my hair was drenched when I got to the lab.

Amazingly my mascara didn't run and my pants didn't get too utterly wet. But still. Hell of a way to start off your Monday. I was certain that I was doomed.

The day went surprisingly well. I got a good chunk of work accomplished. Had a short meeting with my favorite prof on my quals committee which went well. I arrived at home in a good mood instead of being a grumpypants. It helped that the rain had become intermittent by this point and my ride home, while chilly, was dry.

I made a committment to myself to update this blog once a day, to make sure I keep my writing muscles exercised. I'm sure my future audience will approve of more frequent updates.

1 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger BrightStar (B*) said...

oh, dude... challenge me next time, okay? ;) That reference is so totally "Office Space." :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home