Monday, April 03, 2006

100 Facts #8

In elementary school my worst grade, on a consistent basis was...

Penmanship.

I had horrible, horrible chickenscratch handwriting. I distinctly remember being in second grade and having a handwriting assignment, one of those "copy this phrase" on the paper with the 3 lines kinda deals. I royally screwed it up. It was something about a jaguar, I remember. The first few words should have fit on the first line, but I only got one word to fit because my writing was so bad. I distinctly remember my teacher going over this exact assignment with me to show me where the errors were. I was mortified when she compared mine to another child's, neat and perfect.

Later on, my cursive wasn't any better. I had to take a sort of remedial session in it in fifth grade.

My handwriting is...different now. Legible most of the time, at least. I don't remember any cursive/script except how to sign my name.

2 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger EthidiumBromide said...

Using as much EtBr on an hourly basis as I do (I'm sure enough has intercalated into the DNA of my fingers that I will start sprouting a 6th finger any day now..), it seemed like the obvious choice for a Blogger address.
Also, the only C I ever received in all of my education was penmanship in first grade. It must go along with the doing well in science -- just look at doctors. Although ironically now, I have perfectly neat writing, which is pretty rare for a lefty.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Honeybee said...

Thanks for stopping over! Yeah, I think there is a correlation between doctors (MD or PhD) and bad handwriting.

Also, I cannot draw. It is proving to be an interesting combo for teaching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home