Friday, April 28, 2006

poetry Friday

I haven't participated in the blogger poetry Friday yet. I've never thought of myself as much of a poet. I'm not well-read in poetry. However, jo(e) has chosen an interesting word for this week:
Muddy. So here's a little five-minute freewriting...

Funny,
as a child I
hated to get dirty
disliked sitting in the grass,
picking the dandelions,
getting my sneakers muddy,
hands gritty.

I much preferred
the comfort of the couch,
curled up with a good book
to running around barefoot
in the sunshine.

Funny,
now on my own I
have chosen a field
which requires me to be muddy,
and with my bare hands in rich soil
I mix in the water
creating a fertile bed
and I don't mind being muddy at all.

5 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger B said...

Great poem! I loved it!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Ooh yeah! Loved this!

All these "Muddy" poems make me want to go roll around outside in it!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger ScienceWoman said...

I can relate to this. I was definitely a girlish bookworm as a kid and only became a tomboy in college.

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is awesome! You're multi-talented. Really this is good!

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to pass on a smile. Take a look at my latest post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home