Thursday, May 25, 2006

leaving on a jet plane

I am so ready to get out of here! The last few weeks have been insane. Being 3000 miles away and not thinking about all the teaching and research stuff will be fabulous.

In total it took me 14 hours to grade all my lab reports. Ugh. I should have started on them earlier. I spent 5.5 hours on Monday in a cafe with a stack of them, went home and spent another 2 hours. And still wasn't done. Now I know for next week, when the last set come in. I have a list of unintentionally funny lines from the reports, but those will have to wait until I get back.

My facility tour went really really well this time though. I had one student who was very involved and asking questions and I actually used up the entire 90 minute block, and even skipped some stuff.

There was some weird (to me) synchronicity with my flight today and the tv that was on last night. Channel surfing, we found the Friends finale, which I've only seen the day it aired even though it's one of my favorite shows. A big part of the plot is Ross trying to stop Rachel from leaving on a plane. I was actually sad to watch the ending of it again, you can tell the cast was trying not to cry. After that Daredevil came on. You're probably wondering how that is related in any way to traveling. Well, the first time I saw it was on a plane with my family for a vacation. Let me tell you, the edits they make to ensure movies are "family friendly" also ensure that certain parts make zero sense. Thankfully one of my sisters had seen it already and filled me in.

I'm afraid I'm going to forget something. Well, I did forget to get money for the airport shuttle but I managed to scrounge up enough. Hopefully nothing else important slips through the cracks.

3 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Abel Pharmboy said...

Have a GREAT weekend seeing the family and soak in the love. You've worked hard and you deserve it. Keep on writing and figuring out what you want this blog to be - I'm really enjoying your insights and re-living my days as a TA and grad student. Should be great weather for you no matter where in North America you go!

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog! You definately need a little break! Enjoy your weekend.

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honeybee, where have you been? I was reading the comment from "abel" and I could relate to the "what do I want my blog to be?"

I made some changes on the focus of mine and thought you may be interested.

Hope to see a post sometime soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home