Tuesday, July 25, 2006

new ventures in the blogosphere

I'm very excited about some new things starting up in my little bloggy circle.

There is a brand new collaborative blog on the block, The Active Academic, and I'm thrilled to be a contributor along with other people I've really come to admire. It is a place for us to motivate each other, post recipe suggestions, have some friendly accountability while we try to change our bodies for the better. Face it, academia is a sedentary pursuit. We currently have 17(!) professors, ABDs, and grad students talking about their goals and challenges. We're putting a tag system in place so you can find relevant posts faster, because we have a LOT of content in a short amount of time.

Then, StyleyGeek came up with a great idea for a Carnival for Grad Students and it looks like my title suggestion is winning the name vote. The idea is to have a place to collect writings about grad student life, experiences, etc from different points of view. I'll let you know when the first one appears!

5 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I've always thought you deserved a wider and more interactive audience, so I hope this is all you want it to be!

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great! I'm looking forward to checking it out!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I love the idea, as I conveyed it also to StyleyGeek at her place.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
http://www.brij.in/ is a Life Science Search Engine, which searches only about six thousand sites exclusively related to life sciences.

You can further refine your searches based on several popular labels.

This is basically customized google search engine, and is very popular among scientists and researchers in life science.

Pl. try your queries on life science search engine to see the difference.

http://www.brij.in/

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for share you positive thickness and glamorous topic.Really a it is grateful to me.

Sucrase Assay Kit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home